Red dots on shaft after hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red dots on shaft after hanging

I've been enjoying the LG hanger since I got it last month however I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm hanging 10 lbs 2 hours a day. I wrap the glans and a bit below it with water proof tape. Barely get edema in the glans. A bit around the circumcision scar area. The issue is the area around the scar(a bit below it) keeps getting these red dotted areas. They vanish about a day later. Not sure what's causing it. I've tried taping over that area and same thing happens. I thought maybe the skin was being pulled towards the tape and irritating it so last 2 times I only wrapped the glans but it still is happening. It's also more so on the top and left sides. Not as much on the right and none on the bottom. Also no red dots above circumcision scar. I emailed Marlon pics.

Comment

Wrote photo description. Upon inspecting the chamber closer it actually appears I'm pretty much almost completely packing it.
      Last edited by PursuingPerfection; 03-20-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PursuingPerfection View Post
        I've been enjoying the LG hanger since I got it last month however I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm hanging 10 lbs 2 hours a day. I wrap the glans and a bit below it with water proof tape. Barely get edema in the glans. A bit around the circumcision scar area. The issue is the area around the scar(a bit below it) keeps getting these red dotted areas. They vanish about a day later. Not sure what's causing it. I've tried taping over that area and same thing happens. I thought maybe the skin was being pulled towards the tape and irritating it so last 2 times I only wrapped the glans but it still is happening. It's also more so on the top and left sides. Not as much on the right and none on the bottom. Also no red dots above circumcision scar. I emailed Marlon pics.
        This is a fairly common occurrence with a variety of PE exercise. What you're experiencing is slight dermis (skin) bruising, which in turn causes little blood spots. Really nothing to be overly concerned about. Make sure you supplement your diet with a quality Vitamin C (preferably a gel cap) @ 2000 - 4000 mg per day.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I thought maybe it could also be my skin in that area getting used to the vacuum pressure? I've never had this on my glans before maybe because it's been conditioned to vacuum for years... But not this part of the shaft. As long as you say it won't be permanent or cause long term issues I won't worry about it. Does the pic of me hanging look like everything is good?

Comment

Thanks for the response. I thought maybe it could also be my skin in that area getting used to the vacuum pressure? I've never had this on my glans before maybe because it's been conditioned to vacuum for years... But not this part of the shaft. As long as you say it won't be permanent or cause long term issues I won't worry about it. Does the pic of me hanging look like everything is good?
            Yes - looks good !

Comment

I'm wondering if I just found the problem. The bruising I'm having is only on that top area below circumcision scar and on the left side. None on the right or bottom. Now coincidentally I just started a session and am noticing the sleeve actually looks different in those same spots. Like it's getting sucked into the chamber more versus the right side and the bottom. First picture is before attaching weight and second picture is with weight attached. I circled the areas I'm talking about.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Foldus
                Foldus commented
                Editing a comment
                That's completely normal... as you draw vacuum out of the chamber the sleeve will be drawn into the mouth of the chamber.

Well there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about the bruising. I've tried wrapping tape right around that area where it gets red but it still does... Also tried only using 5hg with 10 lbs weight and it still happens. My concerns are over time this will cause vessel damage and or permanently discolor it

Comment

Well there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about the bruising. I've tried wrapping tape right around that area where it gets red but it still does... Also tried only using 5hg with 10 lbs weight and it still happens. My concerns are over time this will cause vessel damage and or permanently discolor it
                When you say you're bruising does that mean the discoloration lasts for several days after a hang session? If so then that is bruising, if however you have some discoloration that lasts only 15-20 minutes after the hang session, then that is not bruising, it's just the dermis / skin reaction to the vacuum pressure and the stress of the weight pulling on your penis.... which isn't uncommon.

The other question is how many weeks / months of training have you done before you started using 10 lbs of weight? It took me three full months of consistent training twice a day, 5-6 days a week to graduate from 3 lbs up to 8 lbs. I didn't start using 10 lbs. of weight until I could comfortably hang 8 lbs for a full hour with no complications, and that was right around the 4 month range. If you're too aggressive with weight increases that could explain why you're having bruising, you just haven't developed the level of conditioning that would allow you to hang 10 lbs with no complications.

Comment

Yeah that area stays darker but goes away within a couple days if I don't hang. I hung with the phallosan for many months and worked my way up to 8 lbs. When I got the LG I started at 8 lbs. The thing about the phallosan is the chamber is smaller so it'd mainly grip my glans and not much shaft. This area that keeps getting bruised hasn't ever really been under vacuum pressure until I got the LG .

Comment

Yeah that area stays darker but goes away within a couple days if I don't hang. I hung with the phallosan for many months and worked my way up to 8 lbs. When I got the LG I started at 8 lbs. The thing about the phallosan is the chamber is smaller so it'd mainly grip my glans and not much shaft. This area that keeps getting bruised hasn't ever really been under vacuum pressure until I got the LG .
                    I don't believe you're experiencing bruising if it goes away in a couple days, a real bruise usually lasts a week or more, and if there's no pain or soreness associated with the discoloration then it's really not bruising trauma. What I believe you're experiencing is tiny capillaries within the skin / dermis that are being ruptured. You might consider dropping down to 5-6 lbs with 5-6 Hg's of vacuum pressure for a couple weeks to see if that permits some time for your glans skin to become more accustomed to the difference in the chamber fit and pull. You might want to try a different wrap method too. The wrap method in the photos attached works very well for me... one strip of microfoam tape across the from of urethra opening and then snug wrap of Tender Tape around the entire frenulum / glans area.
                    Another suggestion is too supplement your diet with a high quality Vitamin C (preferably a gel cap like Nature's Way) minimum 2000mg per day. Vitamin C is vital to collagen remodeling and tissue repair. Last of all massaging the area after a hang session is beneficial too. Give all those things a try!

Comment

Yeah I think you're right Marlon. I'm just not conditioned enough for the vacuum and higher weights. I don't think the phallosan creates much vacuum. I wrapped exactly like you with an extra 2 pieces around the area on shaft that gets the most red. I noticed something weird. I only pumped to 5hg thinking maybe if I try very low vacuum for a while without lowering from 10 lbs that it'd help . Well I pumped to 5 hg and once I hung the 10 lb weight the vacuum literally doubled and it said 10hg. Is that normal? Also last night upon closer inspection I actually have a bunch of tiny red dots all over the glans and underside as well. Just mostly in the area in the pics I've shown you. Any long term risk from getting these or will they heal and dissappear on their own once I'm conditioned? Basically I'm wondering if theres a big risk if I do not lower from 10 lbs and continue hoping they will eventually stop showing up and I don't screw something up .

Comment

Yeah I think you're right Marlon. I'm just not conditioned enough for the vacuum and higher weights. I don't think the phallosan creates much vacuum. I wrapped exactly like you with an extra 2 pieces around the area on shaft that gets the most red. I noticed something weird. I only pumped to 5hg thinking maybe if I try very low vacuum for a while without lowering from 10 lbs that it'd help . Well I pumped to 5 hg and once I hung the 10 lb weight the vacuum literally doubled and it said 10hg. Is that normal? Also last night upon closer inspection I actually have a bunch of tiny red dots all over the glans and underside as well. Just mostly in the area in the pics I've shown you. Any long term risk from getting these or will they heal and dissappear on their own once I'm conditioned? Basically I'm wondering if theres a big risk if I do not lower from 10 lbs and continue hoping they will eventually stop showing up and I don't screw something up .

Once you have the desired amount of Hg pressure drawn out of the chamber it's not uncommon to see a small spike in Hg pressure when you hook the weight up and lower it. However it shouldn't double. I've tested this countless times with various amounts of weight. If I use 7 Hg's of vacuum pressure to hang 10 lbs. and I leave the pump connected while I lower the weight I will see a 2 point increase in Hg pressure up to 9 Hg's.... but it doesn't double.

There is no long term or short term problems associated with the tiny red dots you are seeing. Again it's just tiny little blood vessels within the dermis / skin that are ruptured under the pressure / stress of the weight hanging. It's not uncommon to experience the same thing with aggressive jelqing and or pumping too.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that it was abnormal to see it double as well. Any idea what I'm doing wrong/why that's happening?

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that it was abnormal to see it double as well. Any idea what I'm doing wrong/why that's happening?
                            No idea …. like I've said I've tested this myself countless times and a spike of 2-3 Hg's with 10 lbs is normal, any more than that is questionable.

Comment

Working...
                            X