A man’s erection can point in virtually any direction. Straight ahead, left or right, up or down, there’s no right or wrong.
There is no such thing as a unique angle.
The following data come from a study that measured the erections of 1,565 men.
In the figure to the right, if the penis pointed directly up, it was measured as 0 degrees, and if it was forward-pointing (horizontal), it would be 90 degrees:
- 0–30 degrees — 4.9 percent of men
- 30–60 degrees — 29.6 percent of men
- 60–85 degrees — 30.9 percent of men
- 85–95 degrees — 9.9 percent of men
- 95–120 degrees — 19.8 percent of men
- 120–180 degrees — 4.9 percent of men
If you’ve ever been concerned that your chap is a bit skew-whiff, don’t worry — you’re normal. While we’re on the topic of “normality,” very few penises are straight.They can curve in any direction. A curve of up to 30 degrees is still considered normal.